THE "someday" LIST!

So this is how my blogs get written; bright in the early morning, with state of the art technology and lots of energizing liquids....


...That's why I get so much done, don't you know.

That being said, here's my list of "someday I'd really like to do these quilt projects and maybe before I die one or two might be finished" (I know it's long name but it makes more sense than the abbreviation: SIR LTD. TQ PAM BIDOOT MBF) and of course it's in no particular order:

1. Whole Cloth Quilt (Modern, Mucha or Gibson Girl?)

vs.
(not these specific pictures, just a sample of styling)

2. Wedding Ring Quilt (on black background?)
3. Postage Stamp Scrap Quilt (from a cool a/o modern cross stitch design)
4. Red Tootsie Pop Coverlet, complete with nutrition facts embroidery, tootsie roll body pillow, and "how many licks?" owl pillow
5. I-Spy Quilt a/o Bug Jar Quilt (for the kiddies)
6. Colorful Coastal village art quilt (anyone know where this is? Or something really similar cause I need a better picture to work off of)


7. Veggie Quilt that I started (and pattern to sell)
8. Jean/t-shirt Quilt (pick-nick)
9. Map Quilt/City Streets like the ones at Haptic Lab


10. Faces of Family Art Quilt, with signatures or love notes or wisdoms (so I can wrap myself up in the people that love me like a giant fabric group hug)
11. Moss and Rocks Quilt - which will be an experiment in mixed media, construction and design. A one of a kind 3D piece that literally looks like moss and rocks scattered over the bed and dripping down the sides. Hopefully with a wrought iron Tree-like four poster bed, like so:


Speaking of Tree Beds.... YES PLEASE!


And on a completely unrelated sidenote, I want to spend my future honeymoon in something like this:


12. Fall-Themed Pinwheel Quilt (which will probably be a gift) that I've already started. See:


13. Twister Quilt. yes I know it's totally corny and a bit overdone, but really it's just stinkin' fun! (and it' wouldn't take that long)
14. A Quilted Saying in big block letters (crazy-free pieced) I just need something worthwhile, witty, and SHORT to say.
15. (another) Binder Paper Quilt, this time for myself - probably with the same poem cause I LOVE it (e. e. cummings, "i carry your heart")
16. Hawaiian Style! But the cheater construction cause I'm a wimp.


17. Album Quilt, of some sort or another

and that's it.
.....
for now.

Sure it's kind of an ambitious list, but I do have the rest of my life to get through it, and pending any horribly paralytic accident or death I should have time. And if I invest that much time to get these done you can bet your bottom dollar I'm actually going to keep them (except the food quilt and the pinwheel one). I'm serious this time you guys. NOT giving them away!

Anyway, hope that's interesting or inspiring or whatever...just a little insight into the mindful insanity of my head.

Comments

  1. #14: I've been searching for the same thing. Only not for a quilt...more like...permanent ink...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What now? Where would you even put that on yourself? In any case, let me know if you find anything particularly profound or inspiring. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment