Wall Art


Once again I'm catching up on old promises. Here are the photos from "The Magic Closet." I know you're all wondering if I'm talking about the new marijuana dispensary down the street but no. It's a kids playroom located under the stairs of the Bears' house. (My dad and step mom go by Papa Bear and Mama Bear--respectively)

Starting from the opening into it (on the left) and turning clockwise around the room:


That waterfall took FOREVER! I pretty much dreaded it the entire time, but it surprisingly enough wasn't that hard. Those stupid leaves however gave me tons of trouble.

The rocks on the shoreline were a bit of a challenge but I found that I really liked doing them. There was something very fun about making up shapes and values as I went.

The Olmec head was a burst of inspiration from above. I had a huge white spot and no idea what to put in it (and not much time left). More leafy stuff would have been painful. That head took maybe an hour and a half and I totally loved doing it. Once again I'm reminded how much I like portraiture and HATE landscapes.

Horrible fire bushes compliments of a sleep deprived night, followed by a morning of "Holy Crap! I thought that looked great last night! I guess I'll fix it later..."

This is the first side I painted. It was pretty experimental. Also, the cat was a last minute add and the grass under it won't be floating once the baseboards are put in.

The doorway to "The Wedge" which is right under the stairs and is, you guessed it, wedge shaped. Most of the toys and such will be stored in there. I didn't paint it; I'm leaving that up to the parents or whoever.


Detail Shots

I wish this picture was better. Those berries took forever and actually looked really neat-o

As I was painting the head I kept thinking this looks almost exactly like Papa. hehehehe.

The Waterfall (never again)

Lake shore rocks and those nifty lookin' roots
(I'm still trying to resist the urge to make a trip back to fix those laves behind it...they were a bit rushed)

FROGGY! (and vines)

The bud-like flowers by the Toucan. They took some imagination to get right, but they turned out pretty good.


This thing has been quite the dramatic time-sucking saga in my life. Feel free to appreciate it in the comments box below. ;)

Comments

  1. Sam this is the most impressive space I have ever seen. Good work doesn't even begin to cover it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment