I'm BACK!

So as some people know I was off serving a mission in New Jersey for a 19 months. I survived two hurricanes and NJ drivers. It was pretty epic. Now that I've returned it's taken a while to get back into the creative swing of things (IE: I haven't been taking any pictures so there was no content to post about) but now I have a little tidbit to share.

Before:

It's not too exciting. The beading stuff was starting to come off and the seams were starting to pull apart in places, not to mention the dated (and pretty ugly) color scheme. Not really sure what I was thinking when I purchased this. In any case, it obviously needed a makeover. 

After agonizing over different fabrics that would go with my new chair and just being indecisive in general I chanced upon a very unassuming hand kerchief. So it got volunteered and the project was back on track. (After laying it over the stool and leaving it for three days to make sure I liked it of course) At first I was going to remove the original cover and it was half off before I thought better of it (the cotton is rather thin) and stapled it down before tacking the new cover right over it. The fit is a lot tighter, but it looks pretty sharp no?

Thus I present, the AFTER:

The pig was a sweet thrift store find (his tail is missing but you wouldn't have even noticed if I hadn't said anything) Anyway, the stool is a bit more rustic feeling than I was hoping for. But I'm not about to start decorating with lassos and dried flowers or barbed wire. Hopefully it'll translate as more of a transitional piece than anything else. At some point I'll run a ladderstitch across the folded corners.

All in all I think it turned out awesome!

So faithful followers, keep an eye on the blog again. It'll be getting regular updates again. ;) 
Promise.
:)

Comments