Ralphie's Ornament

I actually did a Pinterest thing!


This is a free pattern designed by Jessica Anderson @ www.cutesycrafts.com.
Link: here (featured below). The sanity destroying part of myself decided to do it over a single thread because tiny things are at least 10.6 times cuter. (also we have a very little tree so not a lot of room for huge ornaments)

Awesome cross stitch pattern // Home Alone ornament

I figured I'd actually keep this one for myself because, well, I deserve some Christmas cheer too. And then decided to make a companion one for my man...who actually kind of hates Christmas, legacy from a childhood of divorced parents fighting over who gets the kids for the holidays. He had it considerably worse than the twinster and I had in that respect. Anyway, I'm on a quest to replace all those horrible memories with good ones but that kinda thing takes time, especially for someone who doesn't like gift receiving on a holiday all about giving gifts (and Jesus).



Anyway, I designed Ralphie's ornament on stitchfiddle.com, which is a pretty simple online chart program. It's fairly intuitive but there aren't a ton of editing tools so perfect for things like this, but would not recommend for very complicated plans.


I personally decided to use the Daisy Red Ryder for Jordan given his interests but added in the glasses for anyone that wants an alternative to firearms.


And that's it. Good luck kids!

Comments